Horses are 1000 pound (+/-) animals and are capable of destroying things! Even though we fabricate out of 275# test knotless marine nylon, horses are known to rub, chew, paw,etc… Please do not leave your Freedom Feeder® hanging in the stall empty for prolonged periods of time. We want your hay bag to last for you and your horse!!
Please contact us via email if you have any problem at all. We are here to help you and your horse successfully transition to using a Freedom Feeder even if you've tried all other nets without success!
Freedom Feeder Warranty Program
30 Day Limited Warranty
against defects in materials or workmanship for thirty (30) days. We will happily repair/replace any Freedom Feeder ® that has such a defect. This warranty does not apply to damage from use of Freedom Feeder ®. Buyer is responsible for returning the item in clean, undamaged condition for this warranty against defects in materials and workmanship to apply.
CONTACT US: within 5 days of delivery if we made a mistake. We’ll fix it !
- Did you receive a defective item? Did we ship the wrong thing? Did the order arrive damaged?
- Returned items must be in brand new condition to receive a refund. Absolutely no hair, dirt or hay. Please return with the original paperwork if possible.
- We have a 30-day time limit on returns.
- Always contact us before you return an item.
- We do not pay or refund shipping costs.
- If you do not have the original paperwork, please include where you purchased the net, your name, address, phone number and E-mail address so we can find your account.
- Refunds will be a credit in the same form of payment originally used
Work With Us Warranty
There is a learning curve for horses being transitioned to slow-feed nets, and it may take some time for them to learn that they don't need to eat as much and as fast as possible. Each and every horse is different with different temperaments and tricks. We are here to support you and your horse in pursuit of health and happiness and your experiences with Freedom Feeding help us learn so we can help someone else’s horse down the road through your experience.Please read all of the instructions that come with your net. If you have followed the instructions but your horse pulls holes in the net during the initial 3 month transition period, please sent an email to Info@FreedomFeeder.com with the following information:
- Send a photo of the entire net showing how you have your net installed and showing the tear
- How long you’ve had the net
- Where and when you purchased your Freedom Feeder
- Which model are you using? (Trailer, Day, Extended Day, Full Bale, Round Bale)
- What size mesh? (1″, 1.5″ or 2″)
- Is the first time your horse has been on any slow feeder? Horses can be pretty aggressive when first learning to use the nets. By repairing the nets as shown in the video below as quickly as possible, the horse isn’t rewarded with more hay by pulling holes. If your horse is not new to slow feeding, what kind of slow feeder and what size mesh was your horse on previously? Each time you decrease the mesh size it requires transitioning on the horse’s part as there is a significant difference in the restriction
- Please make sure to include your contact information so we can assist in your horse’s transition.
After you've photographed the damaged net, repair your Freedom Feeder® using some baling twine or the 3mm nylon that comes with the net to tie the tear together. If applicable, flip the net to the other side for the horse to continue working on it. Use this net as a training unit. Once the horse settles in, stops pulling holes and has transitioned back to grazing from their Freedom Feeder®, and if the net is beyond repair within the first 3 months of purchase, we will send you a brand new equivalent net at zero cost to you!
If at any time, for any reason, the original purchaser of a Freedom Feeder Product, would like to replace the product, you may do so once, for a like replacement product for 50% off the current MSRP +shipping. To take advantage of our Lifetime Guarantee:
- Contact us at email@example.com
- Send a photo showing the entire net you want to have replaced
- Tell us what the capacity and mesh size the net you are replacing is
Customer Service will try to help determine the equivalent replacement product, replacement cost, and shipping charges. Credit and debit card payments are accepted.